List of places to visit near Delhi 2018
As soon as the year comes to mid, we all get eager to visit new places for everyone’s very favorite summer vacations. So here in this blog, I am sharing a list of top less traveled but great places to visit near Delhi in summer vacations.
Nowadays we all believe in the mantra “ WORK HARD AND PLAY HARD”, and why shouldn’t we? when we all have just one life, we should work at our best and should live to our best too.
So, when we all put our best of all into our work for 5 or 6 days a week, we should enjoy the rest to the fullest too.
Feeling the mid-year warm as of now? may-July is the point at which you are helped to remember the way that we live in a hot nation. The fields, specifically, begin feeling the rage of the searing sun amid the period of April. On the off chance that you live in Delhi, you are fortunate to be encompassed by some incredible slope stations that give the best escape from the insane summer warm. Truth be told, individuals from all finished India run to these wonderful north Indian excursions amid the late spring season to get some reprieve from the late spring heat. Along these lines, on the off chance that you are searching for a short excursion in 2018, here is a portion of the best places to visit near Delhi.
So for all weekend getaway lovers, here is a list of places to visit near Delhi :
Almora being located in the district of Uttarakhand at a height of 1638 meters is a small place known as home to the Gurkha rifles.it is spread across 5 kilometers ridge at the hilltop of Kashyap. It is thus a new favorite hill station for many tourists. almora is a hill station with rich cultural heritage with alluring beauty and beautiful panoramic views to adore at.
DISTANCE – delhi to alma is around 364km via NH9 .
ATTRACTIONS – various attractions to enjoy at Almora for tourist are :
• famous temples – Almora is known for temples like kasar Devi, chitai gold temple, Nanda Devi and katarmal temple.
• Zero Point is a piece of the untamed life haven and has a perspective of Kedarnath, Shivling, Trishul and Nanda Devi that are more than 300 kilometers away. A trek that is guided well up to Zero Point is profoundly prescribed to investigate the green magnificence of the Wildlife adventure and beauty in the most ideal way.
• adventure activities – many adventure activities like cycling, rock climbing, Burma bridge, spider web and the nature walk through the terrains of Almora are some of the main attractions to feel the beauty of Almora.
• SHOPPING – Almora though being a hill station but is a great place to shop as it is the largest markets in KUMAON region.
2. Pangot :
as mentioned on google, PANGOT is a village in the Kosiyakutoli tehsil of Nainital district in Uttarakhand, India, and a tourist destination at a height of 6,300 feet. pangot being 15 km from Nainital is a remote village which is famous for having a record of around 580 bird species in all. Imagine how beautiful the place would be.
DISTANCE – PANGOT is basically around 309 km from Delhi via nh9.
ATTRACTIONS – some of the main attractions of PANGOT which make tourist visit are :
• Bird watching – undoubtedly the main reason that attracts the tourist to PANGOT is its 580 bird species view along with the cold breeze of the mountains.
• eco cave garden – pant offers its visitors an unforgettable experience to walk through various real and artificial caves like tiger cave, ape cave, porcupine cave, lion cave and many more.
Hence, Pangot is one of my favourites from places to visit near Delhi list.
Kausani is a beautiful hill station in the bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, India. kausani is thus famous for its mind-blowing view of Himalayan peaks like – trial, Nanda Devi, and panchchuli.
DISTANCE – KAUSANI is at a distance of 416 km from Delhi via nh9.
• PINNATH: pinnate is a once in a lifetime trek 5 km away from KAUSANI.
• GWALDAM: IT IS A PICTUREISTIC VILLAGE BETWEEN GARHWAL AND KUMAON REGION COVERED WITH BEAUTIFUL PINE FORESTS AND APPLE ORCHARDS GIVING A VIEW OF A PAINTING. this is a place to relax and rejuvenate oneself in the natural beauty and peace.
4. Sattal :
sattal is one of the pure and untouched/unspoiled beauty present in India. it is an interconnected group of seven freshwater lakes located in the lower Himalayan region near Bhimtal in Uttarakhand, India.
Sattal is thus situated amongst the beautiful dense forests of oak and pine trees.
DISTANCE : SATTAL IS almost 280 kms from Delhi.
• as the name says the main attraction of sattal is the view of the interconnection of seven lakes.
• SUBHASH DHARA: Subhash dhara is a natural spring located in the dense forests of oak offering extremely fresh water.
• trekking, sightseeing, shopping, and fishing are the other main attractions of the place
5. Sariska tiger reserve, Alwar
ALWAR IS a tourist city in the state of RAJASTHAN, WITH several lakes, heritage, forests, and forts.
It is a must visit from places to visit near Delhi
DISTANCE: IT IS AT A DISTANCE OF 208 KM FROM DELHI VIA NH248A.
• SARISKA TIGER RESERVE: saris tiger reserve is the main attraction in the ALWAR district as it is a famous national park and the first tiger reserve in the world. hence it is a must visit in Alwar district.
• BALA QILA: Bala qila, also known as ALWAR FORT, is a fort 300 meters above the city built on the foundations of a 10 th century mud fort.
Mandawa is a town located in jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan, India.
being located in Rajasthan, Mandawa is thus attracting tourist for its famous havelis and the only one ‘open art gallery’ in the entire region.
DISTANCE: IT is at a distance of approximately 231 km from Delhi via NH 334 b
• JHUNJHUNWALA HAVELI: as the name suggests it is the must-visit haveli in the district to see the unique artistic work inside the haveli.
• AAKHARAM KA HAVELI: aakharam ka haveli is more than a 100-year-old haveli in the main town of the district with stories to listen to and traditional art inside there to adore at.
• SEWA RAM SARAF HAVELI: it is also a 100-year-old haveli famous for its interiors and architectures. also, this haveli is a favorite place for shooting of various Bollywood movies like pk and more.
• GOENKA DOUBLE HAVELI: it is a haveli with 2 gates, and walls made of traditional Rajasthani motifs and architecture.
7. Naldhera :
naldhera is a less known and new attraction for tourist in India. being located at a distance of 22 km from Shimla, naldehra is pictorial must visit tourist place near Delhi.
DISTANCE – NALDEHRA IS AT A DISTANCE OF 366 KMA FROM DELHI VIA NH44 AND NH5
• golf course: naldhera is basically a form of golf course made at an altitude of 2200 meters. it is the oldest place in the country having 9 holes golf courses.
• TATTAPANI: the hot water springs at tattapani is that main tourist attraction of the place.
• CHABBA VILLAGE: river rafting starting from chabba village to sulfur springs at tattapani which is 11 km long is another attraction for tourist in there.
• SHOPPING AND SIGHTSEEING: sightseeing at various temples and undoubtedly shopping at the place are the main.
Ranikhet is a lovely and peaceful hill station located in Almora district of Uttrakhand. set at an altitude of 1869 meters above the sea, under the sun at the western peak of Himalayas is place must visit to feel the nature at its best.
Also, one who wants to enjoy the snowfall should definitely visit Ranikhet in the months of December.
DISTANCE – RANIKHET IS AT A DISTANCE OF 357 LMS FROM DELHI VIA NH9
• RANI JHEEL – RANI JHEEL is a place where tourists can enjoy the long ride of boats and relax by the side.
• CHAUBATIA ORCHARDS: located in a perfect place, chaubatia orchards give one a beautiful view of peaks of nilkanth, Nanda ghunti, Trishul and Nanda devi from one point itself. Also, the chaubatia orchards are really famous for its best-offered peaches, plums, apricots and apples from farms and fruit research center itself.
• BALU DAM: balu dam also known as baludham is a small artificial lake with a panoramic view of the Himalayan mountains and natural surroundings. many small gardens nearby the dam are great to walk by. it is thus an ideal picnic spot for visiting with friends and family.
• RAMA MANDIR: RAMA MANDIR being located inside JHULA DEVI temple is dedicated to Lord Rama.
9. Naukuchiatal :
NAUKUCHIATAL also was known as the “ lake of nine corners” is a small hill station in the neonatal district. it is a very peaceful place to visit with pleasant weather and a beautiful view of hilltops, trees, and nature.being the deepest of all the lakes in the neonatal region, the lake is 175 feet deep.
DISTANCE: it is at a distance of 320 km from Delhi.
• it offers a perfect picnic space for one wanting to enjoy adventurous sports like paragliding, fishing, rowing, and more.
• JUNGLIA GAON: naukuchiatal is place perfect for nature and wildlife photographers.
• BHIM TAL: Bhim tao, which is yet another tourist hill station is also at a just 5 km distance from NAUKUCHIATAL.
10. Parwanoo :
Parwanoo being an industrial town is a municipal council located in the Solan district of Himachal Pradesh. Parwanoo is a less traveled and a must visit from places to visit near Delhi.
DISTANCE – parwanoo is at a distance of 270 km from Delhi.
• cable car ride: parwanoo’s picture-perfect beauty can be best mesmerized through the enjoyable cable car ride.
• fruit orchards: this small town offers its visitors a treat of beautiful orchards.
I hope this list of top 10 places to visit near Delhi for weekend getaways help the readers. Also please share your experience in the comments section, if any of you have been to any of the above places to visit near Delhi.